Stonite is a worldwide acclaimed manufacturer and export supplier of marble, sandstone, limestone, and onyx products. Stonite, along with the Cyprus International University, is a member of the Levent Group of Companies.
At Stonite, the operating costs are very low because the facility has fully mechanized robots that can perform the work of three to five people, depending on the task. In addition to savings on the cost of labor, energy savings are also significant due to the lower heating requirements of automated operations. Facility machinery streamlines processes and increases accuracy, which means minimal material waste.
The goal is to provide high-quality customer-specified stone products using state-of-the-art technology. Stonite specializes in marble slabs, cut to size slabs, marble tiles, other floor tiles, kitchen countertops, worktops, islands and bar tops, bathroom vanity tops, shower bases, bathroom accessories, marble mosaic, inlay work, and medallion. In addition, the company also offers monolama blocks, and construction marble. Stonite already boasts an excellent reputation and relationships of mutual benefits with customers and importers from all over the World, currently exporting the best quality marble to Australia, Turkey, Canada, and many other countries.
The Stonite factory is well-equipped with state-of-the-art automated machinery which is also eco-friendly causing little or no harm to the environment. Since the beginning of the company’s existence, the mission has been to produce world-class marble products for its customers. The top priority is to ensure quality at each and every stage of the production, right from the beginning when the raw materials are purchased, to the final product. Total Quality Management (TQM) is the foundation of Stonite’s production system and business.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM STONITE?
You will learn about:
- How to run tests to detect and differentiate between different types of stone
- The scientific process of cultivating and the rimming, and chemical compounds inserted in the tile making process
- Operating and maintaining automated tile making machinery
- International trade deals, trade partnerships, shipping, import and export processes and logistics
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Industrial Engineering students
- Civil Engineering students
- Architecture students
- Business Administration students
- Marketing Management students
- Any other interested CIU students