Double Minor / Major Programs
Double Minor / Major Programs
Since the beginning of the 2015-2016 academic year, Cyprus International University has been offering its students the option of pursuing a double major or a major/minor in various programs. A student enrolled in an undergraduate degree program may take all the courses offered required for graduation in two different programs concurrently, and will thus earn two undergraduate diplomas in both disciplines. A student also has the option of doing a minor alongside his major whereby he may take certain number of courses from another department/program and upon successful completion of his studies will be granted a both a diploma and a certificate .
Double Major or Major/Minor Programs' Conditions of Application
- Must be registered in the major program and be re-registered at the time of application;
- The second major diploma program;
- The earliest in an undergraduate major program can be at the beginning of the third semester, the latest at the beginning of the fifth semester during four-year programs, at the beginning of the seventh semester in five-year programs, and at the beginning of the ninth semester in six-year programs,
- In associate degree major programs, applications can be made at the earliest at the beginning of the second semester, and at the beginning of the third semester at the latest, and;
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be a minimum of 2.72;
- To have successfully completed all the major diploma program courses taken, up until the time of that semester’s application;
- Among the students placed by ÖSYM, in the programs where there is a requirement of a success ranking condition, in addition to the other conditions specified in this Regulation, the success ranking condition that has been determined by the Higher Education Council must be met of the relevant program in that particular year of registration;
- Students who are being taught in a Turkish language program and wish to take courses from an English second major diploma program, can do so in the event that they are successful in the English Qualification Exam, or if they are successful in an equivalent national or international English Qualification Exam that is accepted by the university;
- International students whose native language is not Turkish, who wish to take courses in a second major diploma program that is provided in the Turkish language, can do so in the event that they are successful in the Turkish Qualification Exam, or if they are successful in an equivalent national or international Turkish Qualification Exam that is accepted by the university;
- To be successful in the aptitude test of the relevant program, where the admission to the second major diploma program is done via an aptitude test;
Please click to see Double Major Programs.
You may contact the Registrars' Office Directorate for further details.