Military Big Data Database
Military Big Data is a military science database, that has four different modules which are weapon/system, map information system, war analysis, and defense trade. Click to access the database which is open until December 1, 2023.
Within the scope of the EKUAL project carried out by TÜBITAK ULAKBİM, in which our university is located, a "Read and Publish" agreement was made with the Wiley database. Our university researchers will be able to benefit from the agreement in line with the following issues:
- In WILEY's Web of Science (WOS), Q1 and Q2 Groups in Wiley Hybrid and Wiley Gold Journals (except Hindawi); "Research Article", "Review Article", "Data Article" and "Rapid Publication" type publications will be within the scope of open access (OA) support.
- It will be possible to publish "Open Access" publications within the above scope, submitted and accepted by the researchers of our university to the Wiley journals listed below, without paying the Article Processing Fee (APC) upon the request of the author.
- Regarding the publications to be supported by OA; It is sufficient for the publications in hybrid journals to be accepted on or after January 1, 2023, and for gold open access journals, they should be submitted and accepted on or after January 1, 2023.
- It is sufficient that one of the authors of the above-mentioned journal group and type of publication is an employee of an EKUAL Member institution and the name of the member institution is mentioned under the name of the publication, in case of having the right to publish an open access (OA) article in the quota.
- In case our university researchers want to have their articles published as OA, it is important for the OA approval processes to record their institutional e-mails in the application forms while applying for articles to Wiley.
- Within the scope of the agreement between TÜBİTAK-ULAKBİM and Wiley, there is an “annual OA article publishing quota”. Looking at the data of the last five years, it is predicted that the quotas of OA articles within the scope of the agreement will cover more than half of the TR-addressed Wiley publications. In the event that the quota for publishing an annual OA article is over, the author of the relevant publication has to pay the APC fee himself if he/she wants to have his/her article published as an OA. According to the terms of the agreement, an “OA article quota allocation” will not be made for institutions.
Click for the list of journals, where you can publish free open access.
You are invited to the webinar prepared only for researchers and authors, where you will be informed about the scope of the "Read&Publish" agreement between TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM and Wiley.
- The outline of the Read&Publish agreement between TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM and Wiley, how it works,
- What steps did the author take to submit his article to hybrid and Golden Open Access journals and have it approved,
- Information about Open Access, its useful aspects,
- Upcoming training program for authors and researchers,
- Helpful resources.
NOTE: All webinars will be in Turkish and will be held by Duygu Paçalı (email@example.com) from Wiley Publishing.
If you would like to benefit from a video of Prof. Deniz Yükseker Tekin, the editor of the New Perspectives on Turkey journal, which is one of the high impact factor journals of the Cambridge University Press in the field of social sciences, which includes important information in relation to the publication policy and academic publishing of the Cambridge University Press, you can watch the video via the link below.
A Deep Look into the Journal Publication Process: An Interview with New Perspectives on Turkey Editor, Prof. Deniz Yükseker Tekin click to watch the video.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 0:14 - New Perspectives on Turkey publication scope and content
- 0:40 - Responsibility of the Journal editor
- 4:09 - Fields of study of the Journal authors
- 5:38 - Characteristics of a qualified article
- 8:31 - A comparison between the number of publications within social sciences and other fields
- 12:29 - Advice for researchers who wish to do an international publication in Social Sciences
- 15:22 - The SSCI acceptance process and effective factors
- 17:57 - Reasons for the rejection of articles
- 19:29 - Open Access publishing
- 23:17 - Primary research methods
- 25:12 - Planning for the future
- 28:25 - Advice to academics at the beginning of their journey