New Students Welcoming and Orientation
Welcome to the friendly and dynamic family of Cyprus International University (CIU). It is a great pleasure to see you among us. This meaningful and right step you take to start your higher education journey will be one of the most important and unforgettable moments of your life.
At our university, you will develop your academic knowledge and skills and find an environment that will allow you to grow personally and socially. As the CIU family, we will be with you during your university education years, which will add value to your life and be full of knowledge and experience, and we will support you in this process.
I want to congratulate you again for your success and express my pleasure to see you among us as a new member of the CIU family while offering my "Welcome" to the higher education life where you will start your international career journey in the privileged and multicultural environment of the CIU family. Remember that as CIU, we will always be your supporters at this critical stage of your life. We look forward to sharing your achievements.
Wishing you love and well-being...
Prof. Dr. Halil Nadiri
Meet with your university!
Fast-growing CIU is a second home to over 20.000 students from 110 different nationalities. This diversification has always been one of our strengths, enabling us to provide our students with a multicultural learning environment. Our campus sits on over 900 acres of land, giving it the largest campus area on the island.
Welcoming and Orientation Programs are for those students who are newly registered for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
Airport pick-ups start on September 22, 2023.
Orientation and Airport Welcomings will officially start on Friday, September 22, 2023.
The important dates you need to know about the orientation are as follows;
First day of classes: October 3.
Airport pickups and campus information - help desks: September 22- October 22
Event dates: Click to see the orientation program.
During the New Student Pick-ups and Orientations Days, while our students are enrolled in the university, they will find out more about the university, university life and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Within the scope of the program, which starts with welcoming the students from abroad at Ercan Airport, trips to introduce Nicosia, fun concerts and presentations about the various university units are organized. It contributes to making it easier for the newly enrolled students to adapt to their education life by laying the groundwork for organizing many activities with the aim of ensuring the integration of current and new students.
Each year, a New Student Welcoming and Orientation Program is organized by the SDCC Social Events and Student Clubs Coordination Office. A group of undergraduate and graduate students serve as peer counsellors to new students and their family members to help to implement the program.
High-speed internet with fiber infrastructure and hot-spot and wireless internet is provided free of charge all around campus.
Lake View is a student cafeteria that offers students dining options with various menus throughout the week.
There are cafeterias, restaurants, canteens, cafes and similar facilities on the campus that will meet students’ nutritional needs at different times of the day.
The doctor and nurse assigned at the Health Center provide all kinds of health and first aid interventions, as well as outpatient services free of charge.
In the Cinema Hall located in the Student Center, free movies are selected by cinema lovers and displayed every week.
Molto Supermarket allows students the opportunity to meet their every need without leaving the campus.
The on-campus bookstore provides students with all books and stationery related services.
The security guards working on campus and at the dormitories 24/7 provide a peaceful and safe life.
In our university, which operates with a student-oriented service concept, all student services and all units where students can receive services, are located together in a single center; the ‘Student Services Building’.
The Psychological Counseling and Guidance Center assists students who seek help in solving their problems, within the framework of individual therapy or counseling on a confidential basis. Those active registered CIU students can arrange their counseling sessions online as free of charge between 08.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00, at least once a week for 45-50 minutes, face-to face or online during periods that cannot be done face-to-face (pandemic periods, etc.) in the comfort of their homes through a digital platform. You can reach the center by calling 671 11 11/ 2030/2086 extensions, sending an e-mail to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or via SIS.
Free shuttle services are available between the CIU Campus, Nicosia and Famagusta city center every day of the week. Wireless internet service is also provided free of charge in the CIU shuttle vehicles.
CIU Mobile App
The official mobile application of the Cyprus International University is designed for students, providing comprehensive information about the university.
• Know bus service hours and departure times
• Follow the closest buses to you instantly with the Service Tracking System
• Be aware of News
• Be aware of Events
• Follow your queue in the Student Services Building remotely with Queuematic
• Explore the campus with the Campus Map
• Do not miss important dates with the Academic Calendar
• Easily access Webmail, SIS and Moodle
• Access important numbers quickly with the Phonebook
• Access Library resources and opening hours online
• Get general information about the university with About CIU
• Follow our Social Media accounts with one click
Please click to download the CIU mobile application.
Visa and Residency Information
Before arrival, students should know that all flights to Northern Cyprus are connected via Turkey. Therefore, you must obtain a Republic of Turkey TRANSIT VISA, depending on your nationality. In order to do this, you should visit or contact the nearest Turkish Embassy/Consulate, with your letter of acceptance issued by the university.
Residence Permits & Health Insurance
Please follow the instructions below for the Student Residence Permit and Health Insurance for both new and current students.
1. At the port of entry to the TRNC, submit your university acceptance letter or invitation document to the migration officer, to get a student entry visa that is valid for 90 days.
2. After getting a student entry visa, you should complete your student registration procedures at the university.
3. After completing your university registration, you should register to the ONLINE IMMIGRATION SYSTEM at https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/ Main Menu > Online Transactions > Student Permits
a. For first time registration, click “New Registration” button and fill in the required information. After this, you can login to the system with the username and password sent by SMS or E-MAIL.
b. ”. Students who have registered before can click the “Login” button here and log in with the username and password they have previously received.
4. After logging in to the system, you must follow and complete the steps described there.
5. Please do not forget to take a “Foreign Student Registration Number” on the immigration system, and please do not lose this number. You will need this number in all official transactions.
6. Follow the steps below for getting a health report.
a. If you have a valid health report, click “I have a valid health report”
i. Please go to the hospital, in the district in which the university is located.
ii. Get your health report certified in that hospital.
iii. Make your payment for “health report fee”, via the system.
b. If you do not have a valid health report, click “I do not have a valid health report”
i. Make your payment for “laboratory tests fee”, via the system.
ii. Get your lab tests performed in the laboratory specified by the system, which provides its name and address.
7. According to the health report results, make your payment for “immigration fee”, via the system.
8. When your Student Permit is ready, your Immigration will be shown in the system. You must print your Student Permit yourself and carry it with you at all times, and have it online on your phone.
Important points to pay attention to:
• Make sure you entered your passport information correctly.
• Make sure you entered the name of your mother and father correctly.
• You must enter the login information in CAPITAL letters.
Accommodation Information for Parents
Cyprus International University 2022-23 Academic Year list of hotel is below for family members.
• Transfer from airports to the campus can be arranged if the shuttle services are available.
• In case of unavailability, public transport services are available to use.
Contact person: Atif Rafiq
Tel: +90 392 671 11 11 Extention: 3333 - 3334
Mobile: +90 548 858 6770
Address: Gazeteci Kemal Aşık Caddesi 9, Lefkoşa
Contact: +90 392 228 76 21
Address: Gönyeli, Girne Kavşağı, Yağmur Sk No:11, Gönyeli/Lefkoşa
Contact: +90 242 782 40 42
Address: Mehmet Akif Cad. Lefkoşa
Contact: +90 392 610 50 50
Address: Bedrettin Demirel Cad. Lefkoşa
Contact: +90 392 600 55 00
Being a student in North Cyprus
The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, which has a cultural richness of many civilizations and is a real education island with its natural beauty, gives you all kinds of support for a pleasant and high-quality education.
The North Cyprus, which has Mediterranean’s historical, natural and cultural richness, the Mediterranean climate, clean air, peaceful and safe life, is among the most preferred country for the higher education with students from more than 100 countries, which is 70% is from Turkey.
Being a student at Cyprus International University, which is a fully equipped capital university, means being a part of the island's transportation, accommodation, business economy, politics, entertainment and cultural center.
22-23 Spring Semester Announcement
We are deeply saddened by the devastating earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria with Kahramanmaraş at its epicenter. We wish God's mercy on all those who lost their lives; our deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their beloved ones, and a speedy recovery to the injured.
Our University has taken the following decisions that will be in effect during the Spring Semester of the 2022-2023 Academic Year concerning the CIU Students coming from the State of Emergency Zone (OHAL).
- Spring Semester classes will resume on February 20th, 2023 as indicated in the Academic Calendar.
- Students coming from the State of Emergency Zone (OHAL) have been given the right to freeze their registration without having to pay any fees.
- Students coming from the State of Emergency Zone (OHAL) have been granted the right to register for 2022-2023 Academic Year Spring Semester classes until March 31st, 2023.
- CIU students coming from the State of Emergency Zone have been granted course registration rights regardless of their current financial obligations for the Spring Semester of the 2022-2023 Academic Year, and in line with the statements of our students regarding their grievances and in accordance with the official documents they will obtain from state institutions, they will be able to benefit from certain discounts on their tuition and dormitory fees.
- The principles regarding the functioning of teaching and learning activities will be implemented and will be in line with the new decisions that can be taken by the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) and Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Council (YÖDAK).
Latest Updates about COVID-19 for Incoming Students
You can visit www.saglik.gov.ct.tr for detailed information and latest updates about the Ministry of Health Decisions and Travel Process due to COVID-19.