Cyprus Bee and Bee Products
The Cyprus Bee and Bee Products Research Center (CBPRC), which is located within the body of the Cyprus International University, provides support in relation to bees, beekeeping, and bee products, to all relevant stakeholders, but primarily beekeepers.
The aim of the center is to perform scientific research on all types of bees and bee products in Cyprus and to be involved in multidisciplinary research and development activities on bee and bee products. In addition, by establishing an accredited laboratory within the university to analyze honey and other bee products, and diagnose bee diseases, we aim to provide the necessary support to beekeepers and related stakeholders, as well as provide training and consultancy services, and representation of the university.
With the joint efforts planned with the Northern Cyprus Beekeepers Association, an initiative has begun in developing beekeeping in Cyprus, and to carry out accurate honey analysis with the help of experts in the field. By carrying out pollen analysis in honey and thus, the determination of the real honey types, we will enable the regional mapping of bee products, especially honey, in Cyprus.
With the establishment of the exemplary apiary being set up within the body of the Cyprus International University, beekeeping practices will be carried out together with the students and support will be provided for the goal of a sustainable campus.
• To follow the current developments in relation to bees, beekeeping, and bee products, to carry out academic activities, plan qualified scientific and technological research, prepare the opportunities in this area and process the applications.
• To begin with regional and national collaborations and widen to international collaborations, producing a bee and beekeeping master plan, producing projects, and in order of priority, perform studies in finding solutions for regional, national, and global problems.
• To primarily serve beekeepers and all relevant stakeholders, in relation to bees, beekeeping, and bee products.
• To contribute to the scientific research and studies of the university, and produce publications in relation to bees, beekeeping, and bee products.
• To carry out research and applications upon the subjects that agriculture, animal husbandry, and other fields express a need for.
• To organize and conduct theoretical and practical training programs for both society and relevant stakeholders.
• To collaborate with advanced research centers across the world.
• To carry out efforts in order to increase awareness in relation to bee and bee products, amongst pre-university students.
• To make the necessary organizations for undergraduate students to practice beekeeping.