The scope of the master’s degree on civil engineering consists of the following fields: structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydrology, material and construction management. Due to the importance of applied learning, our program is among the top programs that utilizes state-of-the-art research and development laboratories and computer laboratories compared to other local institutions. Our program offers an education in realization of the importance of generating ethical, entrepreneurial, environmentally-responsible, technologically advanced graduates for national and international field of civil engineering without wavering from high-quality educational standards.
Master’s degree in civil engineering is designed to produce specialists in the areas of material, geotechnical, structural, clean/waste water and construction management. Purpose of this program is to not only train specialists who are up-to-date with necessary engineering and technological knowledge and have the ability to adapt to the new knowledge, but also to train graduates who can advance the field of civil engineering by effectively using the knowledge, self-confidence, communication skills and research skills they have gained throughout their education.
Materials, Geo-technical, Transportation and Surveying Laboratories serve the master’s students and communities with the researches done by the students. Department of Civil Engineering has the following laboratories for educational and research purposes:
- Construction Materials Laboratory: latest technological equipment to find physical, mechanical and durability features of all materials that are used in the construction industry;
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory: All required equipment to find physical and mechanical characteristics of soils;
- Central Laboratory: Equipment required for determining chemical and mineralogical structure of composite materials;
- Transportation Laboratory: Equipment needed to determine abrasion resistance of aggregates, CBR test, Marshall Test, Viscometer, and Compaction equipment;
- Computer Laboratory: Equipment having properties compatible with today’s technology and software packages for use in design. The most important devices included in laboratories are; Computer-controlled Steel Tension and low frequency creep detection equipment, Steel reinforcement and stirrup diameter detection equipment, Concrete Tomography laser, 3-dimensional Laser Scanning Device, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), and Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS/MS).
Graduates, by fulfilling the needs of their society based on the specialized education they received, can pursue a rewarding career in any of the private, governmental companies/institutions that operate in various civil engineering fields by transferring the knowledge, application methods and techniques they have learnt; by the attainment of a higher position responsibility in management and leadership. Our graduates can enter the Ph.D. programs in various branches of civil engineering at local and universities abroad and work as academics in such institutions. They can also take part in national and international major and complex projects.
Institute of Graduate Studies and Research
Education and Graduate Sciences Center, GE106
Tel: +90 392 671 1111 Extension: 2214-2228
Institute E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org