Prof. Dr. SERKAN ABBASOĞLU
Faculty of Engineering
Telephone number +90 392 671 11 11
Articles published in peer reviewed international journals (SCI,SSCI,Arts and Humanities)
- 10. Babatunde A., A., Abbasoglu, S., Şenol M., 'Analysis of the Impact of Dust, Tilt Angle and Orientation on Performance of PV Plants', Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 90, 1017-1026, 2018. - 2018
- 11. Arıkan E., Abbasoglu, S., Gazi M., 'Experimental Investigation on the Thermal Efficiency of a Flat Plate Collector Using Al2O3/EG-Water and ZnO/EG-water Nanofluids', 10, 1794; doi:10.3390, Sustainability, 2018. - 2018
- 9. Şenol M., Abbasoğlu S., Kükrer O., 'A Guide in Installing Large-Scale PV Power Plant for Self Consumption Mechanism', Solar Energy, Vol. 132, 518'537, 2016. - 2016
- 7. Babatunde A, Abbasoğlu S., 'Evaluation of field data and simulation results of a photovoltaic system in countries with high solar radiation', Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Vol. 23, 1608-1618, 2015. - 2015
- 8. Usman Z.G., Abbasoğlu S., Ersoy N.T., Fahrioğlu M., 'Transforming the Nigerian power sector for sustainable development', Energy Policy, Vol. 87, 429-437, 2015. - 2015
- 6. Atikol U., Abbasoğlu S., Nowzari R., 'A feasibility integrated approach in the promotion of solar house design', International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 37, Issue 5, 378-388, 2013. - 2013
- 5. Abbasoğlu S., 'Three-Dimensional Numerical Simulation of Crystal and Crucible Rotations during Czochralski Growth of GexSi1-x Single Crystals', Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Vol. 20, 1343-1358, 2012. - 2012
- 3. Abbasoğlu S., Nakipoğlu E., Keleşoğlu B., 'Viability analysis of 10 MW PV plant in Turkey', Energy Education Science and Technology Part A: Energy Science and Research, Vol. 27, No.2, 435-446, 2011. - 2011
- 4. Abbasoğlu S., 'Techno-economic and environmental analysis of PV power plants in Northern Cyprus', Energy Education Science and Technology Part A: Energy Science and Research, Vol. 28, No.1, 357-368, 2011. - 2011
- 1. Abbasoğlu S., Sezai I., '3-D modeling of melt flow and segregation during Czochraski growth of GexSi1-x single crystals', J. Thermal Sciences, Vol. 46, pp. 561-572, 2007. - 2007
- 2. Abbasoğlu S., Sezai I., 'Three-dimensional analysis of Marangoni flow and radial segregation in Ge x Si1- x melt with Czochralski configuration', Engineering with Computers, Vol. 23, No.2, 123-135, 2007. - 2007
Articles published in other peer reviewed international journals
- 6. Öykün T., Abbasoğlu S., 'Energy Literacy Survey at High Schools in Northern Cyprus', International Journal of New Trends in Arts, Sports & Science Education, Vol. 6 (2), 01-16, 2017. - 2017
- 7. Okonkwo, E. C., Okwose, C. F., Abbasoglu, S., 'Techno-Economic Analysis of the Potential Utilization of a Hybrid PV-Wind Turbine System for Commercial Buildings in Jordan', International Journal Of Renewable Energy Research, Vol. 7 (2), 908-914, 2017. - 2017
- 3. Bamisile O. O., Dagbasi M., Abbasoğlu S., 'Economic Feasibility of Replacing Sodium Vapor and High Pressure Mercury Vapor Bulbs with LEDs for Street Lighting', Energy and Policy Research, on-line publication, 2016. - 2016
- 4. Bamisile O. O., Abbasoğlu S., Dagbasi M., Garba M., 'Evaluation of Energy Literacy among Nigerian Senior Secondary Students', Research & Reviews: Journal of Educational Studies, Vol. 3 (1), 11-18, 2016. - 2016
- 5. Bamisile O. O., Abbasoğlu S., Dagbasi M., Garba M., 'Assessment of Renewable Energy Education among Senior Secondary School Students in South-Western Nigeria', Research & Reviews: Journal of Educational Studies, Vol. 3 (1), 01-10, 2016. - 2016
- 2. Usman Z. G., Abbasoğlu S., 'An Overview of Power Sector Laws, Policies and Reforms in Nigeria', Asian Transaction on Engineering, Vol. 4 (2), 2014. - 2014
- 1. Okoye C., Abbasoğlu S., 'Empirical Investigation of Fixed and Dual Axis Sun Tracking Photovoltaic System Installations in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus', Journal of Asian Scientific Research, Vol. 3 (5), 440-453, 2013. - 2013
Papers presented in international conferences and printed as proceedings
- 12. Agbidi D. C., Olusola B., Abbasoğlu S., 'Performance Analysis and Comparison of Photovoltaic, Solar Water Heating and Photovoltaic Thermal Systems', HONET-ICT International IEEE Symposium, 13-14 October 2016, Kyrenia, Cyprus. - 2016
- 13. Ruwa T. L., Adun H. H., Abbasoğlu S., 'Thermal Energy Storage for Solar Power Plant Applications', HONET-ICT International IEEE Symposium, 13-14 October 2016, Kyrenia, Cyprus. - 2016
- 10. Adedeji M., Şenol M., Abbasoğlu S., 'Determination of optimum tilt and azimuth angles for photovoltaic systems in Northern Cyprus', SolarTR 2014, 19-21 November, 2014, İzmir, Turkey. - 2014
- 11. Öykün T., Abbasoğlu S., 'Importance of Energy Education on Different Age Groups', 7th International Ege Energy Symposium, 18-20 June 2014, Usak, Turkey. - 2014
- 9. Cabacaba N., Abbasoğlu S., 'Evaluation of Wind-Solar Hybrid System for a Household in Northern Cyprus', IRENEC 2013, 3. International %100 Renewable Energy Conference, 27-29 June 2013, İstanbul, Turkey. - 2013
- 8. Okoye C., Abbasoğlu S., Toycan M., 'Techno-economic and Environmental Analysis of Fixed and Dual Axis Tracking Photovoltaic Systems in TRNC', 7th International Symposium on Electrical, Electronics Eng. & Computer Systems, 29-30 November, 2012, Lefke, Cyprus. - 2012
- 7. Abbasoğlu S., İskar E., Abatan A. A., 'Techno-Economic and Environmental Analysis of 10 MW Wind Farm in Northern Cyprus', IRENEC 2011, 1. International %100 Renewable Energy Conference, 06-08 October, 2011, İstanbul, Turkey. - 2011
- 4. Abbasoğlu S., Demir G., Matur Z., Türkkan M., Düşünceli B. Y., "Energy Trend and Energy Efficiency in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus", 5th International Ege Energy Symposium and Exhibition (IEESE-5), 27-30 June 2010, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey. - 2010
- 5. Abbasoğlu S., Nakipoğlu E. , Mercan C., Dinç G., Aksu E.B., Yörüyen M.A., "Viability Analysis of PV plants in Northern Cyprus", 2nd International Conference on Nuclear and Renewable Energy Sources, 765-769, 04-07 July 2010, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey. - 2010
- 6. Abbasoğlu S., Atikol U., Nowzari R., 'Assessing the Feasibility of a Solar House in Northern Cyprus', 10th International Conference on Clean Energy (ICCE-2010), 15-17 September 2010, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus. - 2010
- 3. Abbasoğlu S., Sezai I., '3-D Modeling of radial segregation during Czochralski Growth of GeSi Single Crystals', 4th International Conference on Computational Heat and Mass Transfer, Conference Proceedings, Vol. II, 1171-1175, 17-20 May 2005, Paris, France. - 2005
- 2. Abbasoğlu S., Atikol U., 'The role of solar collector efficiency in reducing the electricity costs of water heating in Cyprus', 34th FAE International Symposium, Conference Proceedings, 483-486, 25-26 November, 2004, Lefke, Cyprus. - 2004
- 1. Abbasoğlu S., 'Water resource problems and a case study for Cyprus', 10th Year Symposium of the Faculty of Architecture and Engineering, Conference Proceedings, 245-247, 18th November 2000, European University of Lefke, Cyprus. - 2000
Books and books chapters published internationally
- 1. Babatunde A, Abbasoğlu S., 'Photovoltaic system performance in countries with high solar radiation; A Case Study for Northern Cyprus', Lambert Academic Publishing, 2015. - 2015
Papers presented in National conferences and printed as proceedings
- 4. Ersoy N. T., Abbasoglu S., 'KKTC Çevresindeki Bazi Ülkelerde Uygulanan Güneş Enerjisi Kaynakli Elektrik Üretimine Yönelik Teşvik Uygulamalari', Yenilenebilir Enerji Kaynakları Sempozyumu, YEKSEM 2013, 04-06 October 2013, Kyrenia, Cyprus. - 2013
- 2. Toycan M., Kaka A., Bashiry V., Abbasoglu S., 'Multi-band and Miniaturized Antenna Design for Ultra Wide Band Applications with Band Rejection Characteristic', 20. IEEE Sinyal İşleme ve İletişim Uygulamaları Kurultayı, 20-22 April 2012, Fethiye, Turkey. - 2012
- 3. Toycan M., Kaka A., Ogala C. J., Çelebi E., Abbasoglu S., 'Araçtan Araca İletişim için Minyatür ve Hafif Otomotiv Anten Tasarımı', 20. IEEE Sinyal İşleme ve İletişim Uygulamaları Kurultayı, 20-22 April 2012, Fethiye, Turkey. - 2012
- 1. Atikol U., Abbasoglu S., 'Under-floor heating using solar collectors without a storage tank', II. Residence Congress, Conference Proceedings, 412-419, 8-10 March 2006, Nicosia, Cyprus. - 2006
Articles published in National journals
- 3. Abbasoglu S., 'Wind Energy', Magazine of Chamber of Mech. Eng., No.12, Cyprus, 2002. - 2002
- 2. Abbasoglu S., 'Suction problem in centrifugal pumps', TERMOKLIMA, Istanbul/Turkey, May, 1999. - 1999
- 1. Abbasoglu S., 'Air-Conditioning and Ventilation Sector in Turkey', TERMOKLIMA Dergisi, Istanbul/Turkey, November, 1998. - 1998
Master Thesis Supervised
- 6. Olusola. O. Bamisile, 'Evaluation of Energy Literacy among Nigerian Senior Secondary School Students', January 2016. - 2016
- 7. Derrick Chiosaabuofu Agbidi, 'The Comparison of Electricity Production and Evaluation of Photovoltaic Thermal System at Hot Climate Regions', January 2016. - 2016
- 8. Ikechukwu Onyenwe Ikeagwuani, 'Performance Comparision of PV And Wind Farm In Four Different Regions Of Nigeria', May 2016. - 2016
- 9. Turgut Karahüseyin, 'The Effects of Soiling on Solar Photovoltaic Systems in The Capital Of Cyprus', May 2016. - 2016
- 2. Akinola Babatunde, 'Evaluation of Field Data and Three Simulators' Results for a Photovoltaic System in Northern Cyprus', January 2014. - 2014
- 3. Michael Adedeji, 'Determination of Optimum Tilt and Azimuth angles for Photovoltaic Systems in Northern Cyprus', June 2014. - 2014
- 4. Tahsin Oykun, 'Energy Literacy Survey at High Schools In Northern Cyprus', August 2014. - 2014
- 5. Ghazali Lawal Kaikai, 'Analysis of Ambient Temperature Influence On PV Modules in Northern Cyprus', August 2014. - 2014
- 1. Chiemeka Okoye, 'Techno-Economical Analysis of Fixed and Dual axis Sun Tracking Photovoltaic System', June 2013 - 2013
- Local Expert, as Certified Energy Auditor, in Resource Efficiency Achievement Project (REAP) funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID), 2006-2007
- Project Administrator, 'Determination of influence of crystal and crucible rotation in CZ Crystal Growth Process' funded by Education Ministry of Cyprus, 2010-2011.
- Project Administrator, 'Techno-economical and Environmental Analysis of PV Panels on Fixed and Tracking Mounting Systems in Cyprus' funded by Education Ministry of Cyprus, 2011-2012.
- Project Advisor, '1 MW Solar PV plant Project in Middle East Technical University, North Cyprus Campus', 2015.
- Project Director, '1.3 MW Solar PV plant Project in Cyprus International University', 2014-2015
- o Largest PV Plant of Northern Cyprus
- o A Unique Plant that includes Land, Carport, horizontal/inclined roof installations
- Project Coordinator, 'Science and Technology Bulding', 2014-2016
- o Largest Energy Efficient Building in Northern Cyprus
- o A Unique Smart Building that includes BIPV, Solar Chimneys, Natural Ventilation, Shading.
- 'Outstanding student member', ASME Student Club, 2004.
- 10 Months Research Fund of DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), FREIBERG Technical University, Germany, 2001-2002.
- 10 Months Research Fund of DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), FREIBERG Technical University, Germany, 2002-2003.
- Vice Rector, 2015-.......................
- o Responsible for Administrative Units
- Chair of Energy Systems Engineering Department of Cyprus International University, 2010-2015
- o Updated undergrad Curriculum two times
- o Established master and Phd. Programs
- o Founded Thermodynamics, Heat & Mass Transfer and Renewable Energy Labs.
- o Started 'Energy Day' organization and also organized many seminars and short speeches with the contribution of 'International Energy Experts'
- Coordinator of Rector's Office in Cyprus International University, 2011-2015
- o Established Common Courses Unit
- o Responsible for Workload Planning
- Vice Dean of Engineering Faculty of Cyprus International University, 2010-2012
- o Initiate the MUDEK Accreditation Process in the Faculty
- o Directed initial ECTS process in the Faculty
- o Responsible for Workload Planning
- Founder and Chair of Sustainable Energy Research Center of Cyprus International University, TRNC, 2013-''''.
- o Organized two 'PV Expert Training' for Students with German Solar Energy Society in 2014 and 2015
- o Organized one 'PV Expert Training' for Electrical Engineers with Chamber of Electrical Engineers in 2015.
- o Monitor PV Electricity Production of CIU PV Plant since 2015.
- o Started an International Internship program on PV Systems.
- o Organized many technical trips to CIU PV plant for Primary/ Secondary School Students and also for Professionals.
- Board Member of Chamber of Mechanical Engineers, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) 1999-2001 and 2010-2014
- Member of Energy Efficiency Agency of Minister of Economy and Energy, TRNC, 2009 ' 2011
- Board Member of Association of Energy Professionals, TRNC, 2009 - ..........
- Member of Renewable Energy Commitee of Ministery of Economy and Energy, TRNC, 2012 -..........