The Corporate Communication and Public Relations is founded on yesterday, today, and the future; and requires systematic and continuous work. The Corporate Communication and Public Relations Directorate (CCPRD) of Cyprus International University (CIU), shares the university's work and various activities with the public and aims to accelerate the activities of promoting and developing the university’s identity. It establishes strong and reliable links with the target audience of the university, social stakeholders, and the general public. It organizes and executes all communication activities such as strategic communication, organization, corporate activities, image monitoring, and research and development.
The Institutional Communication section performs the necessary activities to ensure that the institution that it works with is recognized and its institutional image is shaped positively, creating positive impressions on people, establishing good relations with the environment, and increasing its respectability.
The main objectives and duties of the CCPRD are:
- Establishing the university's Public Relations and Corporate Communication strategy and vision.
- Developing the university's institutional identity.
- Following the activities within the higher education sector in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), and investigating the studies of higher education in other countries which concern the TRNC Higher Education sector both generally and specifically.
- Collecting, archiving, and later distributing; photographs and videos of the activities carried out by CIU and/or students on the CIU campus or at different locations.
- Developing, suggesting for approval and executing project ideas to contribute to the community and contribute to the university's image.
- Working to have a healthy execution and develop relations with all the institutions in which the university is in contact with, identifying the new institutions that relations need to be established, and arranging regular reciprocal visits between the university and these institutions.
- Following the media closely and establishing good relations with members of the press to create a positive image for CIU in all media channels.
-Organizing the announcement of events, decisions, and activities arranged by CIU.
- Working collaboratively with the CIU News Agency, Radio and TV.
- Preparing, implementing, and following media advertisements.
- Arranging various invitations, visits, and receptions relevant to the unit.
- Coordinating photograph and video shootings taking place in the campus.
- Controlling protocol lists and organizing protocols at university events, welcoming guests.
- Preparing an annual activity schedule and business plan, and ensuring that it is shared with and implemented at all relevant units. Transferring the proposals and queries received through various communication channels to the relevant divisions.
- Supporting visual and graphic designers when creative ideas are needed.
- Executing all graphic design duties performed under the direction of the Corporate Communication Coordinator and the management of the Director of Public Relations and Corporate Communication studies.
- Working to deliver the requested graphic design work on time and in accordance with the purpose and the target audience.
- Providing the professional organization of the posters, announcements, brochures, etc. of the university. Designing the university’s publications, printed and other promotional and similar materials in accordance with the corporate identity principles of the university.
- Creating designs for the web page and social media.
- Providing support in cases that require creative ideas.
Public Relations and Corporate Communication Directorate
Tel: +90 392 671 1111 Extension: 2040