The doctoral program of the Department of Periodontology offered by the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research at Cyprus International University aims to train dentists, who have been trained with contemporary and international opportunities, who prepare the most suitable periodontological treatment plan for hard and soft dental tissue losses, who have advanced periodontology knowledge and who follow current developments. The periodontology doctorate program trains dentists to have the clinical and scientific equipment to provide advanced health services to society, to plan and conduct original research.
The education in this program will provide advanced theoretical knowledge, clinical experience, and scientific/academic competence related to Periodontology, Dental Implantology, and Community Oral and Dental Health.
• The prospective student agrees that she/he shall apply to YÖK or YÖDAK for the equivalency of their undergraduate diplomas.
• The prospective student agrees that she/he shall apply to Association of Turkish Cypriot Doctors in order to become a temporary member.
• The prospective international student agrees that she/he shall provide a Turkish Language Certificate or shall attend the Turkish Proficiency Test or shall study a year for Turkish language education in order to continue their clinical studies. During their Turkish language study, students shall take one PhD courses per semester for their PhD in Dentistry program.
• Prospective students agree that she/he shall provide an English Language Certificate (IELTS 6.0) or shall attend the English Proficiency Test which is organized by the School of Modern Languages. According to their success, students shall continue to the first year of the program or shall study English language.
• Prospective students agree that she/he shall accept to work at least 20 hours per week during their PhD study and this clinical duty shall continue 46 weeks per year.
• Prospective students agree that she/he shall accept buying clinical dentistry units with a written commitment.
• Surgery prospective students agree that she/he shall accept to comply a two semester (9 months) rotation duty in a full-fledged hospital.
• If necessary, Prospective students agree that she/he shall attend an online interview about the basic dental knowledge of the relevant field.
• Prospective students agree that she/he shall comply clinical working programs with a written commitment.
• Prospective students agree that she/he shall comply a written commitment for obeying professional and ethical responsibilities not to cause malpractice conditions.
Graduates of the periodontology doctorate program can continue their academic life with the title of "Doctor of Science" or they can work in public or private sector organizations. They can also open their clinic or practice.
Institute of Graduate Studies and Research
Education and Graduate Sciences Center, GE106
Tel: +90 392 671 1111 Extension: 2214-2228
Institute E-mail: email@example.com