Visa and Residency Information

Before arrival, students should know that all flights to Northern Cyprus are connected via Turkey. Therefore, you must obtain a TRANSIT VISA of the Republic of Turkey depending on your nationality. In order to do this, you should visit or contact to the nearest Turkish Embassy/Consulate ( ) with the letter of acceptance issued by the university.

Residence Permits & Health Insurance

Please follow the instructions below for the Student Residence Permit and Health Insurance for both new and current students.
1. At the port of entry to TRNC, submit your university acceptance or invitation document to the migration officer to get a student entry visa that is valid for 90 days.
2. After getting a student entry visa, you should complete your student registration procedures at the university.
3. After completing the university registration, you should register to the ONLINE IMMIGRATION SYSTEM at the website of TRNC Ministry of Interior Main Menu > Online Transactions > Student Permits
    a. For first time registration, click “New Registration” button and fill in the required information. After this, you can login to the system with the username and password sent by SMS or EMAIL.
    b. For access with username and password previously obtained, click “Login”.
4. After logging in to the system, you must follow and complete the steps described there.
5. Please do not forget to take a “Foreign Student Registration Number” on the immigration system, and please do not lose this number. You will need this number in all official transactions.
6. Follow the steps below for getting a health report.
    a. If you have a valid health report, click “I have a valid health report”
        i. Please go to the district hospital, in which the university is located.
        ii. Get your health report certified, in that hospital.
        iii. Make your payment for “health report fee”, via the system.
    b. If you do not have a valid health report, click “I do not have a valid health report”
        i. Make your payment for “laboratory tests fee”, via the system.
        ii. Get your lab tests performed in the laboratory which the system provides its name and address.
7. According to the health report, make your payment for “immigration fee”, via the system.
8. If the system shows that the Student Permit is ready, you may get your permit document from the Registrar’s Office at the university.