Fall and Spring Semesters:
- from 8.30 to 24.00 (Mondays - Thursdays),
- from 8.30 to 22.00 on Fridays,
- from 10.00 to 22.00 on Saturdays,
- from 10.00 to 24.00 on Sundays.
- from 08.00 to 17.00 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
The library employees are listed below.
|Gülten LAY SALA||Library Manager||
|Nazire D. ATEŞ||
Publications which cannot be borrowed
The materials which cannot be borrowed are listed below:
- References (abstracts, indexes, dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.)
- Audio and Visual materials
- Music notes
- Reserve books
- Collection pieces, art materials, etc.
- Hand–written and rare works
These materials are not allowed to be taken outside, and can be used within the library for a specified period.
Conditions for use of the Library:
- In order to use a library service members have to present their student ID cards. Academics and administrative staff may also provide an ID card or document from their departments showing their duty and its duration.
- On a reciprocal basis, students, academics and administrative staff of other universities may also benefit from our services within the Library if they present an ID.
- A library membership file cannot be used by individuals other than the member to whom it belongs. In case a library membership file is used by another individual it will be seized.
Rules for the use of the Library:
- It is forbidden to bring food and drinks, to smoke, to use mobile phones, to talk loudly, and to behave in a way that may disturb other visitors inside the Library.
- Visitors must take care of their belongings. The Library does not take any responsibility for the personal belongings of users.
- It is forbidden to take pictures and make video recordings without permission from the library management.
- Disciplinary measures will be taken towards users who try to take out materials without permission and necessary procedure.
- Library staff is responsible for supervising users concerning adherence to rules and warnings.
- Library staff is responsible for keeping records on individuals who behave in undisciplined and disturbing fashion inside the Library or damage Library sources. This kind of behavior can lead to the loss of some rights for using the Library.
- Such records are evaluated by the General Secretary and necessary disciplinary measures will be taken.
- All unpaid fines will be charged from the member in the beginning of the semester and during the termination procedure.
- Library members need to bring back and submit a material in 3 days if there is a recall for it.
- The books chosen by academic staff or library management can be reserved and will be kept in reserve section.
Damaging borrowed books
- If there is a damage given to the book as result of careless use the person should compensate the damage. The amount to be paid will be determined by the Library management according to that day’s price of the book, damage, repair cost, exchange rate, antique and artistic value, etc.
- In case the book or material cannot be used because of the given damage, the procedure of the ‘lost book’ will be applied.
- In case the book is lost, the cost for replacing the book will be charged or the person can replace it with a new version of the same book. Additionally, the person has to pay a delay penalty.
- If a member who lost a book does not inform the Library promptly, that member will have to face the situation during the termination procedure.
- If the book is damaged intentionally, the member is required to pay the price of the last edition.
Books and materials taken illegally
All books and materials of the CIU Library have a seal and fixture number. According to the Library rules, the person who has taken or attempts to take material illegally will face a 100 € penalty and disciplinary procedures will be applied; the publication or material will be seized.
All users have to go through return and borrow procedures and leave the Library using the security gate. A 10 € penalty is given for an unauthorized entry and exit from the Library (excluding security gates).
If the user is using computers for non-academic purposes it will lead to a penalty of 25 €.
In order to become a member of the Library, the user needs to bring a passport-size picture and a student/staff ID. The library staff will register and open a file for a new user.
It is not necessary to be a member in order to use materials and books within the reading hall. The membership is necessary if students or staff would like to borrow.
Guest academicians, PhD students, research assistants, CIU graduates, private persons can become a member by approval of the CIU Board.
The users should inform the Library in case of ID loss and if there is any change in information such as address, phone number and e-mail.
The users should follow Library rules from the moment they are a member.
Termination of the membership
Students who are about to graduate or terminate their relation with the University must fill a clearance form and submit it to the Library management.
Students and staff should return all borrowed books and materials before termination.
Delayed Publications and Fines
The user who borrowed books and materials is obliged to follow these rules:
The user should not damage the books and return them on due date. The persons who do not follow rules will face disciplinary provisions.
Any material which is not returned on time will be fined for each day of delay. Materials and books which are not submitted on date will be charged 0,25 € cents per day. For the reference and reserve publication the fine is 0,25 € cents per hour.
The amount of the fine is determined by the Presidency in consultation with the Library management. The member can not borrow another material until due fines will are paid. If a material is lost for more than 60 days it is considered as lost.
Late penalties will be exchanged for a receipt. In case of any conflict, Library records will be applied. In calculating delay penalties national and religious holidays will not be exempted.
Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students have to fill the clearance form attached to their graduation document in order to terminate their membership.
The Student Affairs Office gives information to the Library management about the students who have debts to the Accounting Office. Hence, they will not be able to complete their termination of membership procedure.